Sunday, August 2, 2009

August Begins

Well, last weekend the girls came to visit, and this weekend Amy found out that one of her friends from college, Adam, was visiting with his girlfriend Kim. We wanted to relax for a bit and clean up the apartment, trying to keep low key as for the next few weekends we will have many guests. Friday night we met up with Amy's friends and had dinner next door at Rosebud.  We then went out in Lincoln Park for a few drinks. On Saturday we decided to try out the North Halsted Market days. Amy said that it was in "boys" town which is a predominantly gay part of the city. We got there and it was a little more flambouyant than I thought it would be. It was a very fun atmosphere, but most of the venders and booths were geared more toward the residents of the neighborhood with advertisements for the gay clubs and most of the bartenders shirtless and dancing in their underwear. I had never seen so many drag queens and buff guys in leather in my entire life. We made one lap, with Amy closely held the entire time, and we left. We walked to Wrigleyville where Amy got a really nice cubs t-shirt, and then we walked all the way home. Had a quick dinner, and then we went to see Harry Potter at the IMAX on Navy Pier in 3D. I had just listened to all the audiobooks in my car and felt the movie was good but a bit disconnected. The next day, Amy had to work, so I wrote myself a list of things that I wanted to accomplish, and then promptly locked myself out of the house. After going downstairs and realizing that there was a $20 lock out fee, I figured I would just bring myself to ESPN zone and imbibe $20 worth of food and beer and wait the 9 hours for Amy to get home. Alas, another weekend.

Next weekend Amy will be flying to CT for her reunion, and I will be staying at home to relax for a few days before our onslaught of visitors come for the next 5 weekends!! We love it though!!

No comments: